Certain projects may require several tests and trials which can usually be performed on the CALDETEC, S.L. facilities. These trials may require the customer’s presence, or the presence of a third-party company designated by the customer.
The most frequent tests and trials which we perform are:
- Hydraulic tests: The equipment or vessel is usually placed under the theoretical pressure specified by the customer/regulations and left there for some time, verifying that pressure is maintained and the equipment has no leaks by means of calibrated pressure gauges.
- Equipment rubberstamping: A hydraulic test carried out by a third-party company (OCA), which certifies that the equipment complies with the legislation in force and the pressure test was satisfactory (rubberstamping).
- Leakage tests: for atmospheric equipment which operates with no pressurisation or for piping. These tests are also conducted for equipment which must maintain watertightness in a specific surface. This is very frequent for curing tools in the aeronautical industry, where the watertightness of the upper face, on which the tools that are placed in an autoclave are cured, must be ensured. It is usually carried out with a vacuum machine and helium.
- Load tests These are usually carried out for all the tools designed to lift other parts or loads. CALDETEC S.L. has dynamometers of up to 10TON to carry out these tests.
- Functional tests: These are usually specified by the customer in a document providing the parameters to be checked in a completed tool, so as to verify movement with no hard points, opening/closing ranges, easy of handling, turning, lifts by means of manual winches or by means of hydraulic systems, etc. In general, the goal is to verify that all movements are possible and the measurements affected by them are correct. These checks are very frequent in medium-sized or large assembly stands. The goal is to verify, in a workshop assembly at CALDETEC, S.L., that all the movements of assemblies and/or sub-assemblies are correct.